So, today was my last day at my family ward.
HUZZAH! HIP HIP HOORAY! WHOOPEE!
And I did it without shedding a tear!
Well, I will miss the kids I taught! They were so cute today. After the most UNSPIRITUAL sacrament meeting EVER* I went to my classroom and met the kids. I told them that it was my last class with them and they were sad. (Aww) After I had an opening prayer, I gave them their Christmas presents (cute stockings filled with all kinds of fun stuff), we did the lesson, and then we did our Christmas pageant and exchanged our information (I gave them my address and phone number and stuff. They promised to write. :D) then we went to sharing time. I told our Primary Chorister that it was my last day in Primary and she asked me what my favorite song was and then they sang the most PERFECT version of "A Child's Prayer" and then we went out like normal and I left the building for the second to last time.
*The most unspiritual sacrament meeting ever is NOT the fault of any members of the bishopric, or the missionaries that spoke, or the other adult members of the ward. No, it was the fault of two little girls who were loud, inappropriate, and fresh. Their mother was busy nursing their brand-new baby brother and she left the kids (who are only like 10 and 3) alone in the chapel. Now, for most kids this wouldn't be a problem but her kids are the most unruly children, ever, that can't behave for a second. So guess who got the challenge of being insta babysitter and annoying child wrangler? ME! Oy. The thing is, I love kids. I like playing with them, sitting with them, listening to their problems, etc. I have learned to discipline them, can teach some of them, love a whole lot of them...but these two? Finally, after missing 2 talks, I sent them to be with their mother who should have been with them the ENTIRE time. Rahrr.
18 December 2005
HUZZAH!!
Posted by SkyBluePink at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Amen! My ward has a few mothers like that, too, and it just tweaks my cheeks to no end!
Post a Comment