Helaman 5:12 -And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
Tonight was amazing. Mark, Amanda, and I climbed up Bridal Veil Falls. We went up the falls rock by rock in the water and I couldn't help but think of the scripture in Helaman. While we were climbing, I was in the middle. There was someone in front of me to lead the way and someone behind me to help me if I fell. I know that our Savior plays both rolls. He's lead the way, but he's also there to catch me. He loves me and wants the best for me. And I am grateful.
When we were going up the falls, there were times when I felt a little unsteady. I grabbed the big rocks that were around because they were big and have been there for who-knows-how-long. Their sure footing helped sable me and make me feel like I could keep going. However, there were times when I saw a big rock and didn't think I could go any further. I sat on that rock until I caught me breath and kept going because I knew that other people were both waiting for me to finish and were behind me wanting me to take another step so they could go forward.
I think my absolute favorite part of the hike up there was standing directly underneath the falls and letting the water pelt me in the head. Nothing has ever hit me that hard. There were times when I felt like I was going to fall, times where my head was pounding and hurt and yet I wanted to stay there because I was happy finally being at the top. I'd reached my goal and it was something that I didn't think I could finish. But I did. I made it with help from some of my favorite people and it was worth it. The headache, the chills, the huuuuge scrape on my upper thigh...all worth it. Because we did it. We made it. We endured to the end of the hike.
Bring on the battle of eternity. I can take it.
20 July 2006
Posted by SkyBluePink at 11:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
:-D
Post a Comment