So I went with Robert Poste to watch him perform his yo-yo routine with dimmi, and Brooklyn on Friday night. When Brooklyn and Robert Poste showed up at dimmi's to pick us up, we talked about how we were all doing. I mentioned being "super fantastic" with the reasoning being that nothing bad had happened to me lately and, naturally, nothing bad equals good. Yes, my logic was faulty (when is it not?) and I've sense learned to never say those words again. I am a foolish, foolish girl.
What follows is a list of everything that has gone wrong in the past 24 hours. Please laugh. I am.
- RP did an amazing job with his yo-yo-ing and the BYU gymnastics team was also impressive with their slaughter over Texas Woman's (heh) University. So, the funny part. I was getting out of the car and came upon a piece of ice and because I was wearing skating shoes, Etnies to be exact and being that skating shoes have no traction, I fell. Hard. Thankfully, I landed on my bum and I was spared a very awkward broken bone. I am very grateful for that. I spent the rest of my night adjusting in my chair so that I would be comfortable. I'm still sore, but it'll get better quick.
- I had a 7 a.m meeting for work today. My co-worker called Friday night and offered me a ride because she didn't want me to have to walk in the snow and be cold. She said that she would be outside of my apartment at 6:45. I woke up on time, got dressed, and went outside to discover that it was snowing and I was not wearing good shoes. (Again. Someone go with me to buy some boots, this is getting ridiculous!) So I waited out in the cold snow for 45 minutes for her to come. 45 minutes! It was, what, 5 degrees this morning? Yeah. Anyway, we didn't arrive at the meeting until 7:30 and my store manager was mad. VERY mad. Turns out her alarm didn't go off and she was woken up by the store manager asking where she was. He ended up forgiving me because it wasn't my fault, but I still don't think I've warmed up. But, it's OK because she realized her mistake, and apologized, and when someone genuinely apologizes, I have to forgive them. I assume I'll warm up sometime around July. We'll have a party that day, OK?
- I was waiting outside of my store for the bus to arrive at 7:20 tonight. I waited. And waited. It was late. So, I kept waiting and it finally showed up and ... kept going. It didn't see me until it was 20 or more feet away so I had to run, in the snow, to catch it. I did. I was happy. No problem there. Yet. So, we finally arrive and and what happened? I go to get off and I slipped and fell, in front of many people, and landed on my knee. Hard. There were a bunch of people that were on that bus that saw me wipe out. Bunches! I had to pretend that nothing was wrong and just got off the bus as quickly as I could. Now, I have a limp and it is swollen and I couldn't go to Optimistic.'s birthday party because I didn't have the energy to 1) walk there or 2) call and see if anyone wanted to pick me up.
I did have a good night though, even though I missed the party of a good friend. We started apartment prayer tonight. My roommate and I watched "The Importance of Being Ernest". We went to a "dance party" where I learned to "salsa" with a cute boy. So, I guess in the end, I'm still "super fantastic" even though I've gotten hurt, frozen, and humiliated in front of strangers in the last twenty-four hours. I have friends. I have awesome roommates. My life is good.
Even when I have more bruises than I can count.


0 comments:
Post a Comment