23 July 2008

Food Adventures Vol. 1

Today was a sick day. I spent most of my time in bed coughing my lungs out. At around 8:00 I realized that I was really hungry and needed some food. Earlier in the day, Ben and Crystal brought me some awesome vitamin water and a french toast bagel and that served as inspiration for my latest food adventure:

Bagels.

I used this recipe. Here are some pictures and my commentary.
The recipe calls for bread flour, whatever that is. I didn't have any so I used regular flour.


It says to divide the dough into eight "equal sized balls". Define equal. Apparently this is up for debate. Mine were all kinds of sizes.

The final product. Kinda flat, kinda light ... but pretty dang tasty! In fact, I ate two...

I will definitely try making these again, but with more preparation and someone to eat them.


1 comments:

Christy said...

Hey so what happened to the I post a blog you do one too thing? I hope you are doing great. We need to spend some time together sometime soon.