05 June 2009

Baseball Hall of Fame '09


While I am spending the day sick in bed, I am going to actually get real content on the blog. Yippy!

Last Saturday, I had a the opportunity to go Cooperstown, New York to the Baseball Hall of Fame with TJ, the boyfriend. My boyfriend. (Ahh! I have a boyfriend! A great one, too! You'd like him, Matt. He's a die-hard Sox fan!) Anyway, while driving we learned that there is the most beautiful scenery in upstate NY. I loved the tractors, horses, and Amish farms all around. I'd love to live up there someday. It's definitely a great place!

TJ picked me up at 11:00 am after my eye doctor appointment (I have glasses now and they are super cute!) and we left right away. At about 2:00 we decided we were hungry and wanted to eat our picnic lunch that I packed. We had sandwiches, chips, cheese and crackers, and the delicious apple tart thing that I made earlier in the day. Mmm. We found this great rest stop on the side of the road and parked there. And let me say, it was the PERFECT picnic! Eventually, we decided to pack up and finish our journey.

We arrived at the Hall of Fame around 3:00 and toured the place for about 3 hours or so. We saw so many cool exhibits and took pictures of almost everything from cool (Red Sox championship rings 2004 & 2007) to disgusting (Schilling's bloody sock from the '04 Series) to everything in between.

After the Hall, we decided to take a jaunt to Doubleday Field, the historic baseball field where baseball was "invented". It was gorgeous! I felt as if I was living in the 20's watching a game there. I wish more stadiums had that "old timey" feeling, but in an age where it has to be bigger and better than the biggest, I am grateful for the opportunity to watch a Little League game from such an intimate and gorgeous facility.

After the game, we went to adinner at Doubleday Cafe and then headed home.

In all, it was a great day and I'm really glad that I was able to share it with someone as wonderful as TJ.

*all pictures stolen from TJ's facebook account.

2 comments:

Christy said...

So I want to hear all the details about TJ. I miss you!!

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

I like him already. He likes the Sox and Jen, we have a lot in common.