Ok, it's time to update on days 4 and 5 of our honeymoon.
After our continental breakfast at our hotel, we decided to drive to Virginia Beach for the day. We were happy that it didn't really take that long to get there (an hour and a half) and were happy to find the beach looking as gorgeous as we expected.
After we parked in a shady looking parking lot, we walked to the beach and found the perfect spot to settle in. I'm really glad that we drove our own car there because we had our beach blanket and other items that we usually take to the beach with us so we were comfortable on the beach. (Next time, we are so taking our beach chairs with us, for added comfort. We just added the chairs to our beach rotation, so they are in the mix next time. We do love our beaches.)
| From honeymoon |
| From honeymoon |
Something cute at the beach: We saw a random little puppy running around the beach, without anyone following it and we did everything we could to try and get it to play with us. A few minutes later, we saw this poor guy come running over looking for his little golden retriever puppy that thankfully found a family that was next to us enjoying the beach as well. I'm glad the man found his puppy, but sad it didn't play with us.
After a few hours on the beach (it was way to windy and cold to go into the water), we decided to find a quick lunch (Subway always works. Did you know they have pizza now? Weird, but TJ says it tastes pretty good.) and then find Mother's and Father's Day gifts for my parents. I love shopping on piers! So fun! My parents love sweatshirts so we found them each one that fits their personalities. What a find!
After our shopping trip (which was super successful, both in terms of finding something for my parents and not spending very much money), we decided to go to one of our favorite places: the Aquarium. We loooooooove aquariums. So. Much.
| From honeymoon |
My favorite part of the Virginia Aquarium was the komodo dragons and I think TJ's was the sting rays that you can pet. (I'm terrified of sting rays, thanks to Crocodile Dundee's demise and am working on getting over this fear. One day, I'll be able to pet them, too!)
| From honeymoon |
| From honeymoon |
We spent day 5 of our honeymoon (otherwise known as Thursday) at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.
I don't remember much of what we did before we went to the Most. Amazing. Theme. Park. Ever. (including Disney.), but I do remember that we had an awesome time when we went there. TJ and I went on all the rides we could think of, and I went on a roller coaster all by myself. TJ is scared of roller coasters and even though I have the inclination to make fun of him for it, I decided to respect his wishes and go by myself. It was definitely the best roller coaster I've ever been on. I don't remember the name of it, just that it was the purple and yellow one. Loved it!
And, sadly, we do not have any pictures of our adventures in Busch Gardens because my husband is smart and had the foresight to know that we'd get wet (and my goodness did we get wet) and didn't want to ruin our cameras.


2 comments:
I believe it is called Apollos Chariot. It is an awesome ride!! The last time we went to Busch Gardens, I was pregnant with Gabbie so I didn't ride as much as I would have liked. I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful Honeymoon.
Sounds like you two had a great time, roller coasters are not for everyone, my brother Lance cannot really ride them either, he gets so sick.
Post a Comment