Ok, it's time for an uplifting and fun post. And, by golly, does my husband know how to deliver happy!
Ok, a few background notes so this makes sense:
- My favorite animal is the beluga whale. Seriously, they are the most adorable wild animals on the planet. Manatees are my second favorite animal, followed by monkeys.
- I love zoos and aquariums.
- My birthday is on April 8. I'll be 32. Gross.
- I have a really awesome husband. But we already knew that.
So, the other night my husband was talking to my sister-in-law about life, doctor's appointments, and other such normal brotherly and sisterly things. It was a long phone call, in my opinion. (I hate talking on the phone so anything over 30 seconds is long to me.) Well, I wasn't paying attention to their conversation until he said, "Well, I'll tell you what I'm getting Jen for her birthday, but she's in the room so I'll have to be vague."
I perked up right there.
Anyway, he made a few comments that had my brain spinning and I figured out, basically, where we were going for my birthday. It was either Mystic Aquarium or the New York Aquarium. Either option seemed amazing to me and I guess I looked like I had figured it out. My sister-in-law couldn't figure it out, but apparently I did. I'm just awesome like that.
So he hung up from her and made me 'splain myself.
"What do you think we are doing for your birthday?" He said.
"Going to the aquarium." I replied.
"Nope."
"Okay."
I was sad that I had sleuthed wrongly, but I guess I deserved it for snooping in on their conversation.
He then asked if I wanted to know what I was getting for my birthday. He was excited. I was getting excited, too.
So, here it is. *drum roll*
HE IS GETTING ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO INTERACT WITH BELUGA WHALES IN THE WATER AT MYSTIC AQUARIUM! I'll be able to put on a wet suit and get into the water with my favorite animal. I'll get to pet them and hopefully get a kiss or two. (TJ is okay with this. ;) It'll be 90 minutes of pure bliss.
![]() |
| Beluga whales like to play! |
I love my husband. He is the sweetest husband around. I think I'll keep him forever!



0 comments:
Post a Comment