What do I want in a guy? I know, I know, you've been dying to hear this, right? Hehe... Ok, here goes:
I want a guy who...
- ...realizes that I have problems and is ok with that. He knows I'm not perfect, but it doesn't really matter to him and is willing to deal with me as I deal with them.
- ...realizes that he has problems, too, and isn't in some form of freakish denial and is willing to work through them.
- ...doesn't let me be the listener all the time. I love listening to my friends whenever they have something going on in their lives! Seriously, I love just listening to my friends go and vent or cry or whatever they need...but the perfect guy? He'll get me to open up to him in ways that I never have before.
- ...is ok with my whacked out family. They aren't your typical perfect LDS family and he's ok with that. In fact, he's up to the challenge.
- ...will cuddle. A lot.
- ...likes to explore new places with me. I hate staying in the same place too long - I'd rather explore all the little towns that I've never been to. Surely, every place has a something worthwhile in it.
- ...understands that PDA freaks me out, but will still "go for it" occasionally.
- ...spell checks. (Sometimes.)
- ...scrapbooks.
- ...honors and respects his responsibilities.
- ...goes to the Priesthood session of General Conference.
- ...makes me laugh. If a guy can make me laugh, ... mmm. Sign me up.
- ...is ok with just dating. I'm really not up for getting married yet. Eep, that's actually pretty scary.
Oh yeah, there's more and until I'm married, I'm sure there always will be. This is seriously nitpicky and some of them can be negated for other qualities (like breathing and hair), but most really isn't. These are all the qualities that I've desired in people that I've dated, but haven't quite met.
Yeah, I'll find him. Eventually.


3 comments:
Aww Jen. If you find a guy that likes to cuddle, ask him if he has any friends. Just kidding. Steven doesn't like PDA either, and he doesn't cuddle. The cuddling bothers me when I get cold. The PDA is understandable. I will admit that I'm very affectionate though, and sometimes its hard for me to fight the urge to want to give Steven a kiss or a hug when we are out in public. But people shouldn't make out in public.
I hope that you find what you are looking for. I know that you will one day! :-)
Good luck finding a guy that scrapbooks. I would think that would put him on the "questionable" list. Photo albums with captions are another matter.
I'm totally with you on 1,2,3,4,5,7,8, and 10!
Post a Comment