Today ... has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. (And my name isn't even Alexander!)
Let's see here...things that have gone wrong today:
- I barely slept last night. And when I did finally fall asleep, the VT supervisor called me at 7:45 am and ask about my visiting teaching - when I don't even have an assignment.
- My primary kids were all wound up and wouldn't pay attention to me, no matter what I did to get them to calm down.
- I told my mom my true feelings about her "adopted daughter" (that I can't stand) and offended her. She's not really talking to me right now. In fact, I told her that I wanted to tell said "daughter" to "go away and leave my mom alone". Apparently, that's not really a nice thing to say. Whatever, she pressed me as to what was bothering me.
- The missionaries (who are super!) stopped by to say hello, but in doing so caused a conflict between my parents and I. Apparently, they were none too pleased to see them there and blamed me for it. I didn't invite them over, they just showed up! Get over it! Rahrr!
- My father, in a different fit of rage, blamed me for his slow computer. Ok, seriously? I haven't done anything to it. I check my email, go to a few websites and have some pictures on here... not a big deal. Whatever.
Things that have gone right:
- I woke up before my alarm clock went off so I was ready for church earlier than usual. (Direct result of #1.)
- When I finally got the primary kids to calm down, we had a very good discussion on the power of authority.
- My mom now understands why I'm incredibly jealous of this person and will, when she starts to talk to me again, take that into consideration when she plans "activities" for her "daughter's'".
- The missionaries stopped over! Do you know how long I've felt unimportant and neglected in this ward? How long I've wanted a home teacher? Well, the elders are going to call him and see if he can visit me and we can get things rolling. I needed that.
- I will be able to help my dad work on fixing the computer and learn a bit more about the computer (and him!) in the process.
The end. It's been a long day, I'm going to bed.
65 days until I'm back in Provo. I cannot wait!


3 comments:
My goodness! I'm sorry that you had a bad day. Whats this about your mom having an adopted daughter?! You never mentioned that to me. Oh well. I hope that things get better between you and your parents. I completely understand where you are coming from and know how hard it can be!!! I am always here if you need to vent about parents!! Hehe.
Sounds like a typical day at home...away from Provo. I hope your home teacher gets his act together! That should make life less abrasive. Good luck with your parents!
Crazy! If you need someone to listen, or if you need to talk about "things", I'm here for you. In fact, you're the only person I know of that I could really talk about "things" with. Can't wait to see you down here in Provo!
Post a Comment