23 October 2005

stake conference and bunch of things that are not stake conference related.

I had a most excellent weekend! Why? Well, it's stake conference weekend, that's why! Yay! I love seeing favorite missionaries, old friends that I haven't seen in months (years, even!), my level girls (and jc's) from girls camp, the stake presidency, and ... lots of other people!

Our stake presidency was released today. He'd been SP for 9 years and been in the presidency for 6 years before that! Wow! We ended up getting awesome seats and I feel madly in love (platonicly) with Elder Tingey of the Presidency of the Seventy. He talked about exactly what I needed to hear and that was awesome.

Did you know that Wilford Woodruff is from CT? Oh yes, born in Farmington (20 minutes up the road) so that would put him from our stake (well, if it existed when he was alive) so his family donated a buuuuunch (like thousands) of pictures of him to everyone in the stake so that would have Woodruff pride or something. I, um, didn't take one but I know plenty of people that did. They were huuuge though. I don't think I could have gotten it home without crushing it and that would have been a big shame on me! (Hmm...I'm not being as sarcastic as you think I am, really!)

Not Stake Conference related:

Caroline and I are going to convince her dad to buy his own baseball team. We will call them the Blue Sox, so that once the White Sox win the series (go sox!), they can play and be awesome and then win too. Then, the Red, White, and Blue Sox will have won the series.

Yes, we know that we are nerds. We own up to that fact.

Also, in non-conference news: in 72 days I'm moving back to Provo. :-D I'm so stoked. I'm kind of worried about my computer situation, but I'm sure someone out there in Provoland will let me use theirs until I can scrounge up my own (read: convince my dad to buy me one).

Not related to anything else in this post: So, Beth and I really like the muppets. In fact, we have muppets CD's and DVD's. We ... are muppet heads! (GO JIM HENSEN!) Anyway, so on Thursday I skipped out on Institute (I 'didn't feel good') and went to Walmart instead and there I found the greatest gift for Beth: A New Kermit DVD and I bought it, thinking that I am the greatest friend, EVER (I so am, by the way!). Well, she picked me up last night to go play and stuff and hands me a bag with ... you guessed it: The Kermit DVD. I about died laughing! So funny! So, I handed her the thing that was in my purse: Yup, the DVD. We giggled. She found the same DVD on Friday and bought it for me. So, turns out we think alike. (Also shows that I'm a great friend that buys presents for people for no reason, but shh, I didn't say that. ;)

Oh, and I'm currently obsessed with Making Fiends. I'm going to be Charlotte for Halloween. :-D I need a blue dress...

Ok, that's enough mindless babble for now. Bye!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Yis, go Blue Sox!! I've totally just joined the bandwagon with this White Sox thing. I've never even been to a White Sox game. I've only gone to Cubs games.Wrigley Field is soo much fun. But I'm starting to feel that the White Sox are better than the Cubs..

azurerocket said...

That is such an awesome costume idea. Love the pink/green plaid look, too.

erin said...

I'm going to be Charlotte being Vendetta for Halloween. :)