My plane ticket now costs $177, up from $150. I knew I should have gotten it when I first saw it a few days ago. Drats! Oh well, it's only $17, I'll survive. I'm still super excited to go, though, and the thought of paying an extra $17 doesn't negate that. There are so many things I want to do when I finally arrive at my 'home away from home' that I don't know where to start. And I'll admit, I do plan on stealing one Miss Jenie Allen all day and not letting her leave my side until I'm ready for her to go. We have so much to discuss and it's so difficult to do so online or on the phone. One must use hand gestures, dang it! And hand gestures are useless over the phone! Boo!
I ended up telling, by accident mind you, the kids that I teach in Primary. That was hard. I hadn't planned on doing it until I was a little closer to leaving, but I was talking to the librarian and it just came out. I forgot the little boogers were with me in there. So, I have a very sad Brianna and Lizzy for a few minutes. It's hard to explain to kids exactly what's going on sometimes, but these girls are super smart so I did the best thing: I was honest with them -to a point. They know enough for 11 year olds... I'm leaving, I'll miss them, and I'll write to them on my mission. Good enough, right? They really don't want a new teacher next year, but that was going to happen anyway there's nothing I can do to change it.
I told the Primary president that I'm leaving and she said, "you can't leave! You are one of my dedicated teachers!" Aww. Sorry... Anyway, I explained what was going on (this time with no little boogers around) and she understood. I've always been super close with her anyway ... She's the one that went with me to the temple the first time, I lived with her daughter and son-in-law in Provo for a few years, and her husband is my home teacher. Yeah, I'd say that I love that family. A lot.
Ooooh, we got a new Bishop. Go Bishop Zeiner! Brianna is really proud of her dad for getting called as Bishop. In fact, she was telling a bunch of people before church started. It really didn't even take much coaxing to get it out of her, either. ;-) Not like it takes much coaxing to get any information out of her. Ahh, she's just great. I love her and the rest of the kids in my class!
Well, that's enough for now... have a great day!
10 October 2005
... more ramblings.
Posted by SkyBluePink at 4:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Sure it's only $17, but isn't it just frustrating? I bought a plane ticket recently and it was quite apparent that I waited too blasted long to book the flight. The price had gone way up.
Post a Comment