
So I've been hearing a lot about finding a husband, lately. Granted, at my age, I should have already found that "special" someone, but I had no idea how pressing this subject is. A friend of mine mentioned wanting to find her "knight in shining armor" and something kind of ... odd ... came to me.
I don't want my knight to have shining armor. How boring.
What?! As I thought about it a bit more (ridiculous doses of Lortab will do that to you, trust me), I figured it out. Shining armor could mean a few things, none of which are desirable.
1. If he shines his armor, he has nothing better to do, apparently. And, honestly, what good is someone that has nothing better to do than sit at home being vane? I'd prefer to meet someone that has something to do and is willing to go and, oh you know, do it.
2. If he does have someone shining his armor for him, that means that he paid someone else to do it for him. Thus comes the issues of finances. How did he get the money to pay someone to shine his armor? Did he go out and get a job and spend hours and hours doing early morning custodial work on campus to squander it on something so superfluous as armor? Doesn't he have something more important to spend his money on? Or, what if he is a trust fund boy that doesn't need to work hard and can just buy whatever he wants and doesn't understand the value of a hard days work? Hmm? What then?!
3. He's so new to knighthood that his armor doesn't need to shined. This is the most obvious one. I'm getting older and older and if my knight is so new that his armor hasn't been shined, that's not good. I don't need to meet any knights that are new to battle, I need to meet a seasoned warrior that knows the battleground and can handle the battle.
See? These are serious issues that come to mind when I hear the phrase "knight in shining armor". I think, actually, that I'd rather have a knight that has slightly rusty, a bit holey, armor. Then, at least, my only issue would be trying to help him fix his armor. That'd be fun.
19 March 2007
Shining Armor?
Posted by SkyBluePink at 10:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I love this post! It's so interesting that all of this came to you over one phrase; very nice analogies, I must say, and I agree with you. :)
Post a Comment