14 June 2007

A Real Blog!


So, this one time, I was swimming in the pool with some friends. We were playing innocent, yet stupid, pool games such as: King of the Hill, Marco Polo, and my personal favorite, Knock the Girl Out of the Tube. We were enjoying ourselves, getting a nice tan (don't tell Petra), and all of a sudden one of the boys decided that he didn't like me anymore* so he jabbed me in the ribs as hard as he could, thereby damaging me forever.**

Now, the purpose of this post isn't to rag on the poor kid that hurt me and caused me to go to the doctor or to make everyone feel sorry for me because I was an innocent victim. No, that's not the purpose. The real purpose is to talk about the adventures I've been on since this happened almost two weeks ago.

Let's see. Adventures.

dimmi (small d) and I started taking a spinning/cycling class at the gym. Today was our first class and boy, was that fun! No, really, it was! I thought I was going to die after the first ten minutes, but I liked it. I want to do it again. In fact, we are going to every Tuesday and Thursday until we go to China***. However, my ribs decided that they would stop working after about thirty-five minutes and spent the other ten screaming in agony. I didn't listen to them, however. That would have been impractical.

I go swimming as often as possible and still love playing my favorite pool games, but now I tend to stay in the shallow end of the pool. It's easier that way because I've been practicing my back stroke. I told a kid in my ward that I love swimming and he didn't believe me because I can't do a good backstroke (or front stroke, or butterfly, or, well anything). And let me tell you, my ribs love the exercise. After every swimming adventure, I have the opportunity to take more medicine and sleep for a long period of time. Yes!

And, lastly, I've been having all kinds of fun at work. My latest, and favorite, work time activity is unloading the boxes of new product at work. Each box is between nine and fifty pounds and I get to pick them up, input some information in the computer, and then put everything on new carts and bring them out to the sales floor so that everyone (including myself) can put that new product on the shelves. It's pretty fun.

So, those are my latest adventures. Pretty sweet, huh? My next adventures, as soon as I find people to do them with me, are going to be floating down the mighty Provo river and climbing (the hard way) up Bridal Veil Falls. Everyone is invited, just let me know.


*Not true. It was an accident.
**I'll recover in 3-4 weeks. Or so they say.
***Next October. Not this October, but the next one.

1 comments:

Petra said...

Forget about the ribs--you're all going to die of skin cancer!!!!