My friend Beth came up from Mesa, Arizona this weekend to be in a performance of "Joseph Smith: The Prophet" by Rob Gardner and a few friends and I took the opportunity to go to Salt Lake to visit with her.
Here we see me, Vashti, and Marne on TRAX, the train that takes people from Sandy to Salt Lake. It was an adventure - a slow, slow adventure. We ended up entertaining ourselves with things like pictures and glittery lotions. In the end, it was great fun. When we arrived on Temple Square, the girls and I decided to watch the Joseph Smith movie in the Legacy theater at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. While waiting to enter the theater, I got a phone call from Beth. Before the movie began, we ran outside to see each other for the first time in two years.
I don't know if you can tell, but I am very excited to be hugging Beth in this picture. Beth and I are from the same ward in Connecticut and have both moved out of it. Because of this, we haven't seen each other in over two years. It was a pretty emotional reunion for the two of us. In fact, just thinking about spending some time, short as it was, together makes me cry right now. Beth and I have been through a lot together and I love her dearly.
The group of us decided to have dinner together with Beth's friend Yumi and we decided to go to the Lion House on Temple Square. The food was good (slightly over priced), but the company was better. I should have gotten a picture of the group of us, but Beth hates having her picture taken (which is silly, because she is gorgeous).
This is our view of the tabernacle for the concert. It was, by far, one of the most amazing musical events I have ever been to. I love Rob Gardner's music. He is inspired and his talent is beyond anything that I could ever have imagined.
Here we see everyone that was part of our little group of fun. Me, Beth, LuJean (who is a great friend of both of us.), Vashti, and Marne. Now, I bet you are wondering how this picture was taken. Was it one of the adorable security guards? A random person from the audience? No, it was Steve, Vashti's boyfriend (it makes me so happy to be able to say that!) that came up to Temple Square simply to bring us back so that we wouldn't have to take Trax all the way home. I am so grateful for Steve and his selfless act of service. Thanks, friend!
27 April 2008
Happy Joseph Smith Day!!!
Posted by SkyBluePink at 11:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment