I have needed to update the blog with everything that has happened in the last few months and so I am going to start with our infertility challenges (and blessings) that have happened in the last year. After this post, I promise to update about our vacation to England and some of our day trips.
I want to start and say that the reason that I say everything with the pronoun “we” is that my husband and I are in this together. It’s not just me struggling here, we are going through all of this together and I refuse to say that he is the problem or I am the problem, because we are a team and WE are going through this together.
After the HSG test my (amazing) OB-GYN suggested that we try Provera and Clomid to induce ovulation. After four failed cycles we were referred to the University hospital’s infertility center to step up our “game” and see what they could do for us. I’ll start by saying that we absolutely adore our reproductive endocrinologist and his staff and are grateful for his knowledge and expertise in the area of infertility and their compassion and kindness shown to us. Our RE (hereby called Dr. Wonderful) suggested a few things: 1) that we take a genetic test to rule out the possibility of genetic defects in our future children, 2) that I take a glucose test (that pregnant women take to test for gestational diabetes), and 3) that we have our blood work tested to see how our bodies are functioning. He requested that we meet with him the following month (December) to go over everything and let us know where we stood and how we could proceed and that his initial suggestion was that we would only be able to successfully conceive by in vitro fertilization (IVF) and although our insurance would cover the procedure we were left not quite sure how we were feeling. Sure, we felt hopeful that these doctors could help us, but we also felt broken and helpless. I’ve never been so emotionally confused in my life and that was just the consult!
Our follow up appointment with Dr. Wonderful was a tender mercy from the Lord. While we did find out from the glucose test that I have something called insulin resistance and that is possibly the reason I don’t ovulate, I have been put on a medicine that will help regulate my insulin. Also, after looking at various tests results, Dr. Wonderful gave us the go ahead to try IUIs instead of IVF. He said that we now qualify for the procedure and we will go ahead with that as soon as he says my body is ready. We went from having just two tries at getting pregnant to as many as we need and we are very grateful for that prayer that was answered for us.
Currently we are waiting for my body to acclimate to the Metformin so I can get my body regulated and we meet with Dr. Wonderful again in February. We really just want to get this whole thing started, but need to be patient and wait for the right time. We hope, and pray, that the time is soon.
Ok, now it’s back to our regularly scheduled program of happy things like England, beluga whales, and recipes.
03 January 2013
Infertility Updates
Posted by SkyBluePink at 6:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment