31 August 2012

Home Improvements!

So, the house we own is old. We're talking like 1890s old. It is an old two family house that is sturdy and is full of charm. Well, when my husband bought the house, he had my father-in-law paint everything a boring white color. He was a bachelor and didn't really care about how the house looked as long as it was clean. Then he married me and I changed it all. I made him asked him to agree to paint the living room. It's a gorgeous liberty blue now. Well, I wasn't going to be finished with just one room painted, that's for sure. I wanted to spruce up the whole house! And with a gracious gift from a family member that passed on, we are blessed to be able to finally make those changes that I requested.


About two weeks ago, we had a flooring company come in (you know the ones with those commercials on TV about how great their carpet is and how they'll install it the next day) and give us an estimate about the cost of new floors for the hallway, kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and carpet for our master bedroom. After TJ negotiated a good price for us, we had our new floors installed about four days later. I LOVE MY GORGEOUS FLOORS. Here are a couple of pictures I stole off my husband's facebook of a before and after picture of the floor. You can also see my beautiful liberty blue walls as well!


Isn't it pretty?!

Our house makeover isn't done yet. We currently have our contractor here putting in a new bathroom vanity, painting the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room, and not to mention painting our ceilings and trim and woodwork. Yesterday, he was here painting our hallway, stairs, and banister. I love the colors I've chosen for the house, too. Hopefully all the work can be completed before we leave on our mega trip to England in 22 days. But that's another blog post (or two) all together... 

0 comments: