23 January 2005

Home Teachers

I've been struggling, lately, for content with this blog. Last night, when my home teacher called, I finally got the idea...

...Home Teachers. (Duh.)

So, for those of you that don't know me (that's everyone!), I've been a member of the Church for 3 years (baptized in 2001). I lived here in CT for about 8 months before I moved to Utah to go to school. I lived there for 2 years and had to move back here to be with my family this past September and I'll back in school in August again.

For the few months that I did live here after I joined the Church, my home teacher was the father of the girl that introduced me to the church. He was an extension of my own dad and I trusted (well, I still do!) him with everything. He'd invite me over to his house and his wife would cook amazing food for me and he's give me a great lesson and I'd go home.

In Utah, I had a string of guys that would come visit me almost every month. They wore the suits, they did the lessons - it was great. I learned about the gospel because of these men that came to teach me the gospel in my home. They brought the spirit with them when we'd pray together. It was perfect.

Now that I'm home again and my parents aren't members of the Church, they don't want my home teachers coming to visit me at home. They'd rather I go to their house or do it after church or something. But, as I've learned, part of the blessing of having home teachers is that they, get this, come to your home...

...I miss that.

1 comments:

azurerocket said...

It truly is a blessing to have a priesthood holder visit your home. Good luck working on the parents or waiting until August. I'm glad that you do have HTs that visit with you each month, though.