I'm not going to lie... I've been procrastinating this post because I wasn't sure if I was really grateful for anything. (I've been partaking in a one woman pity party for a few weeks and have finally gotten over myself. Thank goodness!) I am finally back to normal (for me) and can write this post.
Sometimes, life is hard. We get stressed out and weary. We wonder if everything we're doing is right. We just want to know that we are loved and that everything will work out. We are at rock bottom and can't see the way out. And then it happens.
It.
It can be anything and is different for everyone. A blessing from good friends. A particularly good scripture study session. Love notes in the mail. A good day at work. Dinner with friends. A good, two-way, conversation. It snaps you out of your funk. You realize that this life is a test and that you'll make it. You see that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. You can cast off the filth, the grossness, the negativity, and keep walking... and you like it again. Life is fun. You laugh again. Serve others again. Smile... a real smile. The kind that is lopsided and happy. The kind that you haven't seen in awhile, and didn't realize that you missed.
I think that I'm grateful for "it". The things in my life that have made me realize that this life, these trials that we don't think we'll make it through, are here so that we can learn and grow.
“In nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things.” (D&C 59:10)
So, thank you everyone that has been "it" for me. The boys in 19 for the love notes, Marissa and Casey for their phone calls, Suzy and Meagan for being the best friends a girl could ask for, Shelley for being the best visiting teacher ever, my parents for their unyielding support, and, most importantly, to the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you for helping me when I didn't think I could make it, when I needed someone else to pull my handcart because I didn't think I could make it past that tree (first section), and sending me people that could help lift me up.
I'm so grateful that the Church is true no matter where I am. Connecticut, Provo, Timbuktu...the gospel is still the same. The priesthood is where the worthy are...and I'm so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I like being truly happy. Thank you.
09 February 2009
Gratitude
Posted by SkyBluePink at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Thanks for the post Jen, I know you have been "it" for a lot of people too. I know how you feel too, the first couple weeks after a major change are hard. Even just coming back to school was hard, but things get better and better.
Jen! I found your blog! And I love this post. You are amazing and wonderful and I miss seeing you. This post reminded me that there is a lot to be thankful for even when things go bad. Thanks for that!
Post a Comment