Novel's blog makes me think of a three different stories involving either the rain or a train:
Once, when I first moved to Provo, I was walking to my new job at the Provo Towne Center Mall when a train came down the track. And stopped. So I, being new to the area, took a left and walked. As I started going I realized that I was really lost and looked around for a business to get directions and found a nice little place that seemed friendly. I walked in and asked to use to phone to call my roommate to see if she could pick me up and bring me to work, but she wasn't home/answering her cell phone so I asked the nice desk clerk for directions to the mall. She gave them to me and I went on my way. A minute or so later, I hear her calling my name. I turned around and she told me that I was going the wrong way. That was the last straw...I started to cry. She gave me a quick hug and told me that she was going to take me to the mall so I'd get there in a reasonable amount of time. I thanked her the whole way and I'm still grateful to her.
Another time that I was walking to work it started to rain. A lot. And I was soaking wet. I was about half-way to work when a lady in a mini van pulled over to the side of the road and asked if I wanted a ride to wherever I was going. I must have looked scared or something because she told me that I looked like a nice girl and she was heading to the mall and she didn't want to see me wet. So I hopped in. We got there, I said thanks like 289054 times and off she went.
Another time, I had to work on Sunday so I was walking and the train was, again, stopped and I was reading the ensign. Yet another (!) lady stopped and asked if I wanted a ride to church. She was sweet, but I told her that I was on my way to work and I didn't want to make her late to church (since she already was ... I mean, the train DID stop for awhile). She left. It was nice.
See, people can be so nice! I miss Provo.
The End.
23 March 2005
Thoughtfulness...
Posted by SkyBluePink at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment