I was thinking about this the other day and I don't know if this is normal or not, but I've gone through a LOT of best friends in my (almost) 25 years. I was trying to remember all of them and, well, it was harder than I thought. So, for the sake of posterity , here goes:
Preschool: Scotty C. Our moms were best friends (and my babysitter) so we spent all our time together. My mother likes to tell the story of when Scotty and I would go around holding hands and tell everyone we were going to get married when we were 4. Currently Scotty lives in my town with his boyfriend. I haven't seen him since we graduated high school.
First Grade: Nicole C. She lived across the street from me and I would go to her house to play a lot. We were also in the same TAG program, until she moved in the 3rd grade. I haven't seen her since she moved. The funny part is that I remember that she had to get allergy shots a lot and once, we decided that I would get them for her - only we'd put water in the syringe. Yeah, cause that wouldn't have killed me.
Fourth Grade: Bobby-Jo M. We went to school together and we both loved NKOTB. Once, my mom let her sleep over and we got into a fight because I wouldn't let her wear my Joey McIntyre shirt. I was such a jerk as a kid. We remained friends until 6th grade when she moved to a town far away. I've seen her a few times in town now..she's married and has a kid. :) I still like this one.
Fifth Grade: Dawn. She was so nice to me and we were friends until 7th grade where I walked up to her and handed her a brush and told her she needed to brush her hair and shower, so she wouldn't smell so bad. I was just trying to get into the honor society and I though that if we were friends, I wouldn't because, I didn't think she was as smart as me. That was, single-handedly, the meanest thing I've ever done. She hasn't talked to me since...even after I apologized for a week straight. I don't blame her for hating me, now. I was just trying to be cool and, well, I wasn't!
Seventh Grade: Anne S. She introduced me to classical music, the piano, Chuck-E-Cheese's, her family problems and trust. However, I in high school, was jealous that she was friends with Liz, the girl next door, that I cut off talking to her. Oops. She hates me, too. I don't blame her, either.
The rest of high school: Alycia. Aly and I were friends from 7th grade, but she wasn't a 'best friend' until 8th when we would do TONS of community theatre together. We were friends through college until she got this boyfriend I didn't really like and she stopped talking to me. Her and I just drifted apart. I didn't do anything to kill that one. I think.
College: Meghan. We are still best friends. We still like eachother, even though I'm a "crazy republican Mormon". Eh, I don't mind. We both paid $135 to see an NSync concert back in 2000. I think that's what bonded us for life.
Now my 'best friend' is Beth. She's great! She and I are honest, we go to church together, we talk about anything with eachother. We know when not to talk to each other.
So, as I look back...dang. I've had a lot of best friends. And I killed friendships. I was a jerk as a child. I blame my parents for not having anymore kids. (KIDDING!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment