So today's Sacrament Meeting was fun.
I was sitting there, minding my own business, not paying attention to the High Councilman that was speaking. All was well in my little world and then...
The bishop got up and announced that our second speaker couldn't make and it he'd like me to come up and bare my testimony. Oh, that was fun. Yeah, my heart leapt into my throat and I put on a smile and marched up to the stand (pulpit?) and proceeded to bare my testimony. I sat down and he proceeded to call up the other Young Singles in my ward to do the same. I was actually pretty glad that he'd done so, I can't remember the last time I bore my testimony, so that was nice.
I had fun in Primary, too, but this was genuine "not on-the-spot" fun. There's nothing like "Review Jeopardy" to get the kids to pay attention and tell me what I need to work on, ya know? I guess I need to tell them more about dates and numbers and people, because they didn't know who Samuel Smith was and we just covered that lesson last week! And they didn't know the day the church was organized or how to spell the name of the 'higher priesthood'. (The first missionary and 6 April 1830 and Melchezidek.) Oh well, it's still good for them to have fun and for me to figure out to teach the little nerdbombers better. They are cute little nerdbombers, though. (Any kid around the age of 10 is classified as a nerdbomber as per section 23.54323.343 of the Unofficial Primary Teacher Handbook.)
Does anyone know about Donny Osmonds purple socks? Someone brought that up to me at my other (more personal) journal site the other day and it freaked me out. What are they talking about?!
Oh, and I told my ward today that I plan on a mission. I guess that's big news because everyone came up and talked about it. And talked about it. And talked about it some more. And asked stupid question after stupid question. If I get asked "where do you want to" one more time, I think I may just say "Idaho" to get them off my back. (Please, don't send me to Idaho. PLEASE!) Yes, I'm excited. No, my papers aren't in - I DON'T HAVE THEM YET! No, my parents don't know. Yes, I'll tell them. No, I have no money saved. Yes, I'll start saving.
Oy vey. What a day. Does it ever end?
24 April 2005
Send in the hose...my mouth is on fire!
Posted by SkyBluePink at 3:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Don't worry - I won't ask you any questions.
The on-the-spot testimony request...oooh, I really do not like that. Is that terrible of me? It's not that I don't want to ever bare my testimony...it's just I really don't liked to be asked to do ANYTHING on the spot. It really makes me mad. BUT, I'm glad you were happy today :)
Post a Comment