Ok, so a few years ago (3 to be exact), I gave every YSA in my stake a Valentine's Day card. Well, this one kid (who shall remain nameless) came up to me and gave me this letter. I'd just like to say that I'd maybe talked to him once. Now, as I look back on it, I laugh. And laugh. And laugh some more, but when I first got it, I contimplated not going to church anymore. Seriously. I'd been baptized maybe 5 months when it happened, so I was thrown for a loop, but I continued to go to activities, I just ignored the freak. I still do.
"Hi, How are you? I'm doing good myself. Are you wondering why I decided to write this letter? Well the reason is because #1 I wanted to thank you for the Valentine you gave me. That was really nice of you to do. Thank you for thinking of Javier, and I, I definitely appreciate your kindness.
I kind of get the feeling that you want to become great friends and perhaps even more with time. The truth is I don't really know for sure unless you are willing to discuss this more in depth. It would certainly make me happier than I am already to know you're interested in me. I am willing to pursue a long lasting relationship beyond where we are so far if that suits your fancy. I believe communication is vital to any partnership whether it be family, friend, colleague or fiance. As much as I like no matter how hard I try I can't read minds. I don't know what you are thinking, but if its what I think all you need to do is come over and talk. You will find that I've very approchable, and easy to talk with.
The one deciding factor which gave me a little extra push to write you was when you were looking at me. So what's up Jen? Do you like me? Would you like to get to know me better? Are you someone that is aspiring to someday marry in the temple? If so, it would be a honor to support you every step of the way until that blessed day when being sealed to an eternal companion (hopefully me) for time and eternity becomes a reality. I'm not in any rush but personally temple marriage is definitely my #1 goal aside from the magnifying of my priesthood. I want to keep progressing all of my life and the good news is: "That I'm not along in this endevor." Christ is our covenant partner. All we have to do is our best we can. I learned about this when I read: "Believing Christ". I would definitely recommend this book because it really opened my eyes to many great truths.
I realize this is a lot to take in so you take all the time you need to think about take all the time you need to think about this.It was never my intention to come on too strong. This is just who I am. No lies, No deceit. Its just me. Totaly honest, open forthright, with absolutely no guile. Still interested? You kow I'm 28, right? Well, I guess I covered all the bases. I really hope you don't reject me like the many others since my return to CT back in 1997. No, I believe you're a special sister. I'm confident another door will not be shut on me by you. Further, I know we will make it to the temple. Maybe not today, or tomorrow but I'm sure it will take place in time. I promise too, to treat you really good with respect. Take care. Hope to hear from you soon."
Creepy, no? Boys, don't ever give this sort of thing to a girl you barely know. Bad form.
03 May 2005
HAHAHA. Funny things from my past...
Posted by SkyBluePink at 9:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Holy mess! That's insane...
Yeah, I wouldn't blame you for leaving the church after something like that, did I mention I'm 28? Wow, that just makes my head hurt. I'm pretty sure I would have written a reply something like, "You have now been rejected again. Goodbye." Anywho, glad to know you got through that one.
OverDrive
aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
That's intense.
Hey, an I the token boy opinion here?
Yeah, I think that's intense.
too bad for the poor kid. Imagine what it's like to be him.
HAHAHAHAHA
Ah man that is hilarious. I'm tempted to say that he must just have an awesome sense of humor and be joking. Nah he's probably just crazy.
Man, why are some guys so STRANGE!?!? I myself have had a couple of these kinds of letters. They are sad/scary/funny.
How about giving them to a girl you *don't* even know!
I think that will be my new approach on things ;)
Oh course, I think girls must think I'm wierd enough already >:)
I'm so sorry. I can only imagine the awkwardness. Ugh!
::Jibblies::
Post a Comment