So, I've decided to start reading more. And, in doing so, have picked out a few good books.
#1, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (Blue-beta). Needs to be read by tomorrow. Haven't started. Haven't even bought the book yet. I do, however, have every intention of reading this book. By tomorrow night.
#2, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. By May 31. It'll be great. My friend Meghan and I will start talking about it in a couple of weeks.
#3, The Idiot (Blue-beta again). By mid-June. Haven't bought it yet. But I will. And I'll read it.
#4, Anna Karenina. Whenever I get a chance. I've wanted to read it for a long time, so I picked it up a couple of days ago. So far, the first couple of pages are really good. Really.
Anyone else have any suggestions for a book to read?
For some reason, I like having tons of books to get through. With deadlines.
12 May 2005
Reading Schedule
Posted by SkyBluePink at 7:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I'm guessing you'll be pretty busy reading. After reading Ender's Game I found myself reading all of Card's books.
Holy smack, by tomorrow!?! I've read it before (loved it) but that was like a year ago. I even bought it this time around. Guess we know what I'm doing tonight. I started reading Anna K. once online before. I loved it until I realized that I had only read up to chapter 17...in part 1 of (seems like 30). That's a big undertaking. I personally recommend We The Living by Ayn Rand, if you get a chance. Enjoy!
I just realized it already is tomorrow night. Gasp.
I really like the Curious Incident of the Dog in the night time. It was a quick read and interesting.
I've got a comple of points to touch on, so here goes...
Ok, point #1: Ender's Game is a very, very wickedly awesome spectacular book. Period.
Point the second: I would highly recommend checking out the Dark Tower series by Stephen King (not his usually fare) or the Otherland one by Tad Williams. High quality shit I tells ya!
And Point 3: Where did you get that crazy picture of you?! I found a site that lets you customize a cartoon version of you, but it's not nearly as cool as that one! Please divulge your secret.
Actually, theses were not so much points as they were suggestions/questions. To tell you the truth, the only reason I used the word "point" was so that I could say this: The point in moot. No bejesusin' clue what that means, but I've always wanted to say it...
Have you ever read Catch-22? I just bought it, and am trying to find someone to discuss it with.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Steven Chbolsky. You won't regret it.
Actually I think it's Stephen, and hopefully that last name is right. My sister, being the huge klepto that she is, took it from me a while back.
Post a Comment