In the history of my life today, September 11th, has always been the worst day of life. It's like Luke Dane's 'black day'. In fact, that was my problem yesterday. Anticipation for a horrible day today made yesterday really awful. Full of anger and resentment.
But today, today is different.
It's been 12 years since my nonnie died and instead of feeling sorrow for not being with her, I feel joy because I know I will see her again.
It's been 4 years since the attack on the twin towers and NYC is rebuilding itself looking ahead to a bigger, brighter future.
And, really, nothing can cheer me up like a good Sunday morning in autumn with a chill in the air and the birds singing, and a beautiful cloud-free sky above. Yes, today will be a good day. I won't let it be anything else.


1 comments:
Very nice post. As a former New Yorker, I thank you for remembering. :-)
Post a Comment