08 September 2005

What?! An actual post? Shocking!

So yeah, this is the part of my blog where I discuss...stuff.

So my grandfather in Arizona is coming out here to visit my family for two weeks, out of the blue. He called my mom the other night and asked her if she had a couch to spare while he was here. That couch is, naturally, my room. That's ok, I don't mind sleeping in the living room for two weeks if it's for a good cause.

But here's my worry: He's really sick. His kidneys barely function, he's losing his eyesight. (Is that 2 words?) He sleeps a lot. My biggest fear is that he's coming out here for 'one last visit' before ... well, before the end. He's not that old, only 74, so I really hope that this nasty gut feeling of mine is wrong.

Oh, and then there's the fun fact that he thinks I'm going to hell because I'm Mormon. Well, actually, I think that's just his wife, but we'll see. Yeah, they are born-again Christians...which is great. Except they (she - my grandma) condemns me everytime they (she) sees me. I'm interested to see what will happen without her, reguarding my relationship with my grandfather.

And then there's my friend that is dating a 17 year old. Well, they aren't techically dating they've just gone out on a few dates. He'll be 18 in November, so they're both holding out for that event. Then, there's the friend whose brother stole money from his grandparents and dvd's from him for drug money. That was a fun converstation. I've been trying, hopefully not in vain, to cheer him up for that past few days on xanga...

BB: I'm slowly chugging along to 300 posts. I really want to get there soon. 300...not really a big number for 8 months of usage. I wish I could be secure enough in myself to post pictures of me as an avatar, but ... I'm not even close to that. My self-esteem has been significantly compromised due to recent situations, none which have been good and none which I wish to divulge.

Provo is May, this time for sure. Leila is getting married and I get to be there so that's happy.

The end, more later. :)

0 comments: