Well, with the obligatory apology out of the way I can continue on with the actual 'blogging'. Nice.
You know what I hate? (Great way to start, loser!) When people cut off the 'g' on words ending in '-ing'. Runnin'. Jumpin'. Laughin'. I don't care so much when people actually say it that way, but when you write it... it just looks bad. Please, just don't.
Next on the list: The grandfather visit. Well, huh, that wasn't too bad. We actually had some fun, even though he's got some terrible eyesight and we had to read his menus to him. He really is 74. I've learned a lot about forgiveness during his visit, too. Nothing that I had to work on, but seeing how my mom handled the situation after many years of heartbreak taught me a lot. I'm glad.
Chicago: Ugh. This whole thing really needs to get rolling. Seriously!
Kind words: Before church today, I was standing in the library getting some pictures that I needed for Sharing Time when the EQP came up to me and gave me an absolutely sincere compliment that I really needed to hear. Seriously, saying a few kind words out of the blue can really mean a lot to someone. Give it a shot.
Sharing Time: Ok, I haaate when my class is assigned Sharing Time. Seriously! Funny story (and by funny I mean 'I can't wait to complain to the Primary President'): The kids in the 9/10 class are troublemakers. Anyway, I'm up there, teaching the whole group and I look around and I'm the only adult in the class. Everyone walked out the second I started to teach and you know what, that was horribly rude. How dare you expect me to govern the entire senior primary all by myself?! Eventually, the Pianist (greatest lady in the world) came in and sat with the group and I am very grateful for that. She gets a gold star in my book. Cuteness: Anita, one of the girls in the infamous 9/10 class came up to me to tell me that she loved my lesson. Aww! Thanks!
Institute: You know, I'd like it a hell of a lot more if I actually liked the people in the Stake. Well, it's not so much that I don't like them, but that in the year that I've been home I'm no closer to ANYONE in the YSA program here. Ugh. And people wonder why I want to leave...
Sunday happiness: I took a much-needed Sunday afternoon nap. Oh, those things are happy. Guess how long I slept for? Yeah, crazy. FOUR hours. Wow, that's almost as long as I worked last week.
Speaking of work, guess who stuck up for herself at her lovely place of employment? ME!!! Yeah, that's right I did. My manager (sweet lady, by the way) kept giving me more and more stuff to do and I was getting really mad. She kept making comments about how "I can do so much and she's so grateful that I do everything that I'm asked." Finally, I couldn't take it anymore I looked at her, stood up and said, "Well, then I suggest that you give me more than FOUR HOURS A WEEK" and walked away. She came back and offered me an entire day shift for the next day. I can't believe I actually said something like that to her! I never speak up for myself, like... ever. Oh well, I guess if you get me mad enough I blow my top. This time it actually worked out for my benefit. Yay for that.
Well, that's enough for now. Have an excellent week!
25 September 2005
Wow, I suck at this whole "blogging" thing lately. Sorry...
Posted by SkyBluePink at 7:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to you on the Chicago trip. There a ton of hotels downtown, some of which aren't that expensive. Like the Holiday Inn. :-) The Best Western is scary and too far away from where I live.
Or you could like stay at the Four Seasons, the Ritz Carlton, Peninsula, or the Drake Hotel. Because those are just SOO reasonably priced! Hehe J/k. I will call you this week and we can talk about this....
Good for you for standing up to your boss!! :-)
I actually really prefer to write the way I talk. If I have any different accents or what not I like to write them out as well, and droppin' the G is definatly something I do when I speak, so in turn it's somethin' I do when I write. Okay, so not really, only sometimes with certain words, that really felt weird writing something "somethin'" Maybe I see your point now.
Ah, and I like how recently I've started saying things I write, people seem to really like the fact that after puns I'll laugh and say "Gufaw"
Post a Comment