18 June 2005

The meanest thing I've ever done on a "date":

Lately, it seems that everyone is talking about dating stories. I want to join in, but my last date was a year ago. And I was mean. Horribly mean.

In fact, I left him at my friends house because he scared me.

(Hey, I've said before what a jerk I am. Read the Best Friends Post for backup.)

See, here's what happened: My friend Amy* was dating a boy named Jared** and they wanted to set me up with a boy named Dave*** (who was Jared**'s old mission companion) because he'd be 'oh my gosh so perfect!' for me. Anyway, Amy gave him my phone number and he called me up on the phone. And he was on the way to Vegas with a bunch of friends. It was a loud phone call. In fact, I think I suffer permanent hearing loss because of such phone call. Anyway, he asked me out for Memorial Day and since I already had plans, I invited him to the BBQ at my friends apartment. So, he picked me up and ... nothing. Eh, he was a nice guy and all, but I wasn't really 'feeling' it. So I left him there.

(See? A jerk!)

I called my friend Shelly^ and begged her to pick me up so that we could go shopping and I could get all the stuff for the two-week cross country road trip I'd be going on the next day. I never even said goodbye to him. I just mumbled a "hey gotta run" to the group and booked it.

I'm mean. If I ever see this kid again, what am I going to do? Go up to up to him and say "I'm sorry I dogged you like that?" No.

So yeah...funny story, eh?

I'm such a jerk...

Is that why I haven't really 'dated' since then? Cause if it is ... ha!



*Yeah, that's her real name. It's not been changed.
** His real name, too. Not been changed.
***I can't remember his name. That's probably a good thing.
^Her real name, too.

6 comments:

N.F. said...

Ouch! :)

Caroline said...

Jen, I've known you a long time...Even though we haven't seen each other in like 4 years. That needs to be changed! Anyway, you are NOT a jerk. I went out w/a guy and he was really nice, but I didn't feel any chemistry, so when he called me again I didn't answer the phone and I never called him back. I felt bad, but I'm not going to go out w/someone again who I didn't feel a connection with. You're one the nicest people that I know, and you're funny and smart. Find someone who will appreciate that and don't worry about the past. We all make mistakes, its part of being a human being! :-)

Caroline said...

As far as I'm concerned, boys are the mean ones! Hehehe.

Berkeley G. said...

I can't think of anything mean I've done on the actual date, but I'm sure there's been a few instances where I haven't answered their phone calls again, etc.

However, there have been occassions where guys have been rude to me on a date.

Caroline said...

You're welcome. What are friends for? :-)Yis, please come to Chicago and have lunch with me. :-) Or stay for a whole week, hehe.

teamwebb said...

it's nice to hear a girl admit that it is not always the guy acting the jerk role.