I was talking to my friend Jenie last night and we discussed her recent date with a thirty-two year old. She's twenty. When she first mentioned an impending date with him I kind of flipped out. He's twelve years older than her! Thirty-two! That's freakin' old! Anyway, life went on and I realized that maybe thirty-two wasn't that old (a mere eight years older than me) and I got to thinking (which is never a good idea)...
Where did the whole half plus seven thing come from? She's not 23, she 'shouldn't' be dating him. (Ignore the fact that one, it's none of my business and two, it's not a big deal and I don't really care.) I could date a nineteen year old and it would be ok? Really? My dad (if he weren't happily married to my mom) could date a thirty-two year old. My mom a 28 year old ... and it'd be ok.
That creeps me out.
Why can't people just date those that are their age? WHY? A few years, yeah that's cool. I have a thing for younger guys - I prefer them to be a year or two younger than I am, just because I don't like guys that are too serious with their lives. I want to laugh and have fun, but be serious when I need to. (Yeah, I'm a freak!)
I have no point. Cause I'm a freak. A freak that could date a 19 year old. Wow. And Jenie, she could date a 17 year old...if it weren't illegal. BUT! The 32 year old? He shouldn't date her - because that is 'wrong'.
16 June 2005
One Half plus Seven?
Posted by SkyBluePink at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I've never heard of the one half plus seven thing. What is it? Like you can date someone who is one half plus seven years older/younger than yourself?
I went out with a guy that ws 10 years older than me. I've also gone out w/a 32 year old. Most of the guys that I've met out here are between 28-32. I like older guys, but your friend should consider someone who is alittle bit closer in age!!!
If Caroline still doesn't understand, you should give her the "google" directions that you emailed me. You know what I mean? That way I understood it. :)
I understand now. :-)
For ages I always seemed to fall for guys that were 23. When I was 21 right through to when I was 31, every guy I liked a lot (maybe 4 or so) was 23. Go figure.
Hmmm, half plus seven...wow, so I CAN date my completely hot and charming flatmate! Woohoo. Of course then he'd have to move out, which would suck, but anyway... ^_^
Post a Comment