So guess where I spent 4 hours tonight?
In the emergency room. Because my heart was racing and my chest, neck, and cheeks were numb.
During my stay I learned the following about myself:
1. I can not under ANY circumstances drink caffeine. At all. It turns out that it, combined with a few other factors (that I'll talk about below), are very bad for my poor heart.
2. I'm very pleasant when I don't feel good. I walked into the ER with my mom and I asked nicely what to do because I felt like my heart would pop out of my chest at any second. The nurses liked me.
3. I forget to say stuff to the doctor when he asks what is wrong with me. Example: He said, "Does your heart race often?" and I said, "No". My mom chimed in, "Actually, it's happened a few times this week and a few more times before that."
Doctor: Did you have surgery recently?
Me: No.
My Mom: Well, actually...
4. It turns out that one of the leading causes of my "palpatations" as the doctors called them is stress. Do I know stress? OH HECK YES. See my previous post if you don't believe me. So he told me that I need to lay low for a few days, take some Ativan if the palpatations come back and NEVER drink caffeine again.
Ok.
5. The EKG that I had (twice!) showed that my heart is in a weird position. It's turned ... or something. Whatever.
Funny story... he asked if I drink, ever. I said no. He asked if I smoke, I said no. He asked if I do any type of drugs and, again, I said no. I don't think he believed me because he said, "Wow, that's a pretty healthy lifestyle you have." I wanted to say, "Oh, I don't drink or smoke or do cocaine because I know better. I'm Mormon."
But I'm not that pretentious.
Or am I?
06 July 2005
Four hours in the Er, some tranquelizers, an EKG, and blood work. Oh my!
Posted by SkyBluePink at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You should have said, "I religious, and I take those things seriously." That could have been a good way about getting out of it. Or he could have probed for more after that. Wow, I'm such an RM.
What do you do for work? Sounds horrible to cause you so much pain!
When I get stressed out I get a cold sore. I guess we have different reactions!
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon. :)
Wow! LOVE the new changes - and how/where did you get the license plate with your name? LOVING IT!
Jen, I hope that you feel better soon! Yis. I also LOVE this plaid background that you have. So when are you coming to Chicago so that we can ride the bus to the Sears Tower together? :-)
Post a Comment