The Top 6 Ways to Keep Your Cashier Happy*:
By: SkyBluePink
PLEASE:
- When you get to the counter, please turn off your cell phones. I don't care about what Great-Aunt-Gertie had for dinner last night. Really. And don't get mad at me when I ignore you and help the customer behind you because you weren't paying attention to me when I said hello and started to ring up your merchandise, but you didn't acknowledge my existance and I got frustrated and moved on to the nice guy behind you.
- Yup, I'm going to ask you to open a credit card. Every. Single. Time. Don't yell at me, please. It's required by law, honest.
- Keep your receipts, people. We give them to you for a reason.
- To answer your questions:
a.I like my job (sometimes).
b.Yup, I'm working hard.
c.Yeah, this job is to get me through school/on a mission/and for vacation. Whatever YOU want it to be, sir. Really. - If you want to know the price, go over to that handy little display that says "PRICE CHECK" (or something like that) on it, scan the merchandise and then the magic little fairy inside will show the price to you.
- If all of the tool experts are busy helping other customers, please stand patiently at the counter until one arrives. Don't roll your eyes at me, don't yell at me, don't start pacing around by the tool chests muttering something snide under your breath. Either stand there nicely or feel free to walk around the surrounding area. Please, do NOT go over to lawn and garden or vacuums until he or she comes to help you. They will come. And when they do, I guarantee they will be nicer to you if you've been nicer to me.
That is all for now. Feel free to contribute to this list.
*I had one person violate each of these 'rules' today. Not good...


3 comments:
Ahh you've brought back many memories of my many experiences in the world of retail. People can he so freakin rude!!!
Just do the angry kitty noise. Hehe. :-)
I LOVE the new plaid background!
Hmm...sounds all too familiar...hope you survive!
Post a Comment