17 July 2005

Really Funny Story...

So, I went to a Harry Potter party at Borders in Somerandomtownnearbuffal0, NY on Friday night and while we were waiting the two hours for our lottery numbers to be called, there was a fake tattoo booth. Melissa and I, being the silly and overly tired girls that we were (2 hours of sleep the night before and a 4 hour drive for me...) went over there to see what we could dig up. I found a funny tattoo with a lightning bolt/scar on it and she found something much more tame. So, after she gets her tattoo put on her hand, I give the tattoo to the guy and put out my hand. He looks at me and puts it on my forehead. (See below picture.) Well, luckily for me it didn't work and he'd have to redo it. So, I give him my hand again and he again puts in on my head. I wasn't happy, but I was SO TIRED that I just let him do it a second time. If I weren't so drop-dead tired, I would have protested more, but ... I didn't. So, anyway, we were still at the place when our lottery numbers were called and we could finally get in line. I was standing there in a daze, ready to pass out from over-exhaustion (2 HOURS OF SLEEP!) and this guy came over to me and starts up a conversation. Here, from the best of my memory, is what happened:

Random Line Guy: Woah. What's up with the gatorade on your head?
ME: I didn't put it there.
RLG: It's kind of strange.
ME: So?
RLG: (... blah blah blah, I don't remember...something patronizing...)
ME: UGH. I DIDN'T DO IT. I GAVE THE GUY MY HAND AND YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID? HE PUT IN ON MY FOREHEAD. I DIDN'T ASK HIM TO, SO BACK OFF! (and other things)
RLG: Sorry...
ME: (It's FINE. I'm just over-tired...2 hours of sleep...blah blah blah...)

Luckily for that guy, and me, it was my turn to get the book and go home to sleep.

So, the next morning I woke up (only got to sleep for 3 hours that night, too...) and I forgot that the tattoo was still on my head. There was some kid from Springfield who asked me what was up with my head? I laughed and nicely explained the story to him. Melissa then reminded me of the incident with Random Line Guy and I felt bad, for about an instant...

Moral of the Story: Sleep is important. If one doesn't get enough sleep in one night, one may bite off the head of some Random Line Guy and almost feel bad about it...

Next Story: The 5 hour wait in the rain so we could have good seats for Pageant and how it wasn't for anyone that I knew...

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Thats a HOT tatoo Jen. Hehe. :-) And yes, beware of the angry kitty!!

Berkeley G. said...

Sleep is important. I find myself irritable or out of character if I don't get 8 hours a night.

Laulau said...

That's funny that at a Harry Potter thing, he didn't get "the scar". It really does look like the Gatorade mark, though.

Yeah, I get a little edgy when I'm tired.