03 November 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 3 - Rubi

I'm grateful to have a very sweet, adorable, kitty named Rubi Monster. She is, absolutely, the best cat in the world. She has a very feisty personality that I adore. I'm so grateful for her companionship throughout the day!


I love animals. They have always been something super important to me. My first pet was a dog, a cacapoo, named Penny. She was very sweet and little and I loooooooooooooved her. One day, when I was like 7 or 8, she started biting a lot and my parents said that she wasn't safe to have in the home anymore. So, they told me they "took her to the farm." I always, my whole life, thought that meant that they took her to be killed (yuck!) and was very sad. Well, I asked my mother about this a few months ago and guess what?! It turns out that they DID send her to a farm to live. My mom even told me the name of the friend she sent Penny to live with. Needless to say, I felt much better after that.

Ok, back to Rubi. She is fun. Before we picked her up from my aunt's house, we bought her the cutest little kitty bed. It is blue and soft and comfy and for the first few months that she had it, she HATED it. We'd put her in it, she'd just right out. We'd put treats in there, she'd leave them alone. It was frustrating, because we spent so much money on it, to see it going to waste. I thought of selling it, but I didn't know anyone to buy it, so that was out. Then, miraculosly, we caught her in there one day and now it's her Favorite Spot in the Whole World. Phew! Finally! I'm glad she enjoys it!

Well, that's enough about Rubi Monster for now. She's such a sweet little girl and we are SO glad to have her with us.

0 comments: