I have the greatest parents in the world.
I'm not joking, they are amazing. They love me, unconditionally, the support me in my choices, they are kind and generous. Essentially, they are wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better set of parents.
I was lucky growing up as an only child. I didn't ever want for anything and Christmas was an exercise in excess, at least to a six year old. If there was ever a toy that was "cool", it was under the tree. I was lucky. And happy. But it wasn't just that, they taught me how to give back to others that weren't as blessed as I was. Every Thanksgiving, we'd gather up supplies to share with the unfortunate in our area and drop them off anonymously. I believe, strongly, that it is important to help others help themselves and I learned that virtue from my parents.
TJ and I started a tradition with my parents this year. (Well, we started it and hope that it becomes a tradition.) This September we all went down to Baltimore, MD together to see an Orioles/Red Sox game (GO SOX!) and then spent the rest of Labor Day weekend exploring the Inner Harbor. I can honestly say that it was the BEST vacation I have gone on this year (except our honeymoon. That was perfect.) TJ and my dad even got to spend some quality time together and tour an old submarine while my mom and I checked out an enormous Barnes & Noble. Maryland is definitely one of the places that I'd like to visit again. I don't know where we'll go next year, but my parents will join us and it'll be great.
I love my family. They are wonderful!


0 comments:
Post a Comment