15 November 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 15 - Cousins

Today, I am grateful for my cousins: Dan, Kevin, Laura, Bobby, Kristen, Rachel, Grant, Garrett, Matthew, Josh, Nick, and Connor.

I have always been lucky to 1) know all my first cousins (you wouldn't believe how many people don't know their cousins!), 2) have grown up with the majority of them, and 3) to have such good childhood memories with them. Because of them.

One of my favorites, is when I, along with Danny, Kevin, Laura, and a few others from the neighborhood would play wiffle ball in their backyard. We always would play with ghost players (obviously) and by the time we were ten, we didn't need base markers anymore because the backyard had four distinct bases in the grass. I remember when my uncle tried to plant grass in the backyard. Let's just say, it didn't last very long.

I had a really fun childhood and I'm really grateful for the cousins that I grew up with. I was an only child, but I never really felt like one because I had so many wonderful cousins to play with as a kid.

So, yes. Cousins. They are something to be grateful for. Tell yours how much you love them, I certainly will.

0 comments: