Today, I am grateful for the my calling as the Nursery leader in my ward.
I am so thankful that I have my calling and that I get to work with the 18 month old babies to the three year old kids. I can honestly say that this is the hardest calling I've ever had. (And I'm talking from experience. I've done everything from Relief Society presidency to Sunday School presidency and everything in between and the Nursery wins for most challenging.) Yes, it can be hard when a child doesn't want to come to class because he is scared and new to the ward, and sometimes working with parents is a little difficult, but nothing (and I mean nothing) tops it for rewarding.
I love the kids in my class! Here is what I love about my four most regular kids. :D
"G" loves me. She tells her mom that I am the fun teacher and we have so much fun together. We usually match on Sundays, too. Her mom says that she thinks we coordinate and call each other every Saturday night so that we will match. I love the bond that I have with her, and I'll miss her when she is a sunbeam next year.
"Iz" is wonderful. She calls me her "nursery lady" and she loves me, too. When her family moved into the ward, her mom brought her to class, and played with her for a little while and then left so she could go to church. Well, "Iz" wasn't not too happy about that, so she spend the first class in tears. And part of the second. But! By the third week, she was fine and we've been inseparable ever sense. Last week, I was kind of having a rough day (I was tired, I think) and "Iz" said to me, "You look so pretty today." It melted my heart. I love her so much. :)
"MJ" is new to our class, and the youngest and I'd say she adjusted the best out of all the kids I've ever seen. She comes right in, lets me hold her, and then plays with the other kids and is a model student. I love her so much!! I love that she'll give me hugs when I ask. She smiles when I talk to her, and she is so easy going. She is a joy to be around and I love her. A lot.
"A" is sweet. I've had her sense she was just 18 months and we're pretty tight. When her mother says my name, she gets excited to play with me. She hugs me. She is learning to share well with others. She loves her friends and is always giving them hugs. She has finally learned to stop eating everyone's snack, and just her own. She is kind and sweet and I love her.
So, those are "my" babies. I love them so much. I love teaching them our little lessons. I love how well they learn and how smart they are. They are the highlight of my week and I will be sad if I am ever released from that calling. :)
13 November 2010
30 Days of Gratitude - Day 13 - Nursery
Posted by SkyBluePink at 5:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment