06 November 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 6 - Our House

So, when I married TJ, I also married a house. And I love it. And I am grateful for it.*


I love knowing that since TJ owns the place, I can paint it whatever colors I want.** We have security in knowing where we live and for how long. We have a washer and dryer in our house and it
works. We know how many pets work for how big our house is. Have I mentioned we can paint whenever we want? Because we can. ;)

A couple of months ago, we had some great friends (stay tuned for our CT friends post) come over and help us paint our living room the most beautiful shade of blue, ever. It looks amazing and classy and neat. Then, we decided to mount our television on the wall and put corner shelves underneath it so that we could get rid of the media center cabinet***. Then, a few days later, we bought a couch. A pretty couch! With a chaise lounge! (See here.) These amazing things could not happen if we didn't have such a great house.

Yes, we have plans to build our dream house and we have fun talking about it, but we really do love this place. With 3 or 4 bedrooms, a nice kitchen (that I've filled with things such as my Kitchen Aid), and being located in a great side of town (in the city, but not of the city ;), this is a great little place. I'm so grateful that my husband had the foresight to buy this great house for us. Thank you, love.


*I'm not trying to steal all of Jeepy's ideas. I had this idea before I saw her post! Really...
**Within reason. And technically, he does have veto power over my choices, but since he is severely color blind, I can just tell him that bright orange is just a "nice shade" of whatever color he can't see. Heh. ;)
***Read: ugly.

0 comments: